EMV 5 for Macintosh
EMV 5 is the latest version of Escape's medical (DICOM) viewer, anonymizer and converter. A native 64-bit Cocoa application, EMV 5 combines powerful features with intuitiveness, elegance and ease of use.
- opens DICOM and common images (JPG, TIFF, etc);
- connects to PACS and DICOM servers to retrieve studies (DICOM Query/Retrieve client);
- multi-series, multi-frame visualization of images;
- allows for image geometry manipulation and color adjustment;
- has handy tools for defining ROIs, performing calibrated measurements, removing sensitive information from pixels, etc;
- anonymizes DICOM datasets;
- exports images to a variety of still and movie formats;
- can create DICOMDIR for a collection of user-picked DICOM images;
- uploads DICOM images to PACS and DICOM servers (DICOM Send client);
- has a beautiful, intuitive, user-centric interface, that works the way you expect.
Click on the image for more screenshots.
At a glance
- 64-bit application: increased robustness and compatibility with new Macs (Mac OS X El Capitan or later).
- Full-screen viewing and multi-monitor support
- Printing to any connected system printer
- Query/Retrieve SCU: query DICOM servers to retrieve studies.
- Send SCU: send DICOM images to DICOM servers.
- Servers list: define DICOM servers you usually work with.
- Multi-series display of up to 4 sequences or clips in many predefined arrangements.
- Multi-frame display (series, clips, sequences) in freely defined grid.
- User-controlled display of demographics, DICOM overlays, reference lines.
- Magnification loupe: appears while pressing [Shift] for instant magnification with user-controlled size and zoom factor.
- Extraction of localizers if found in the same series as the slices (to allow usage in multi-series display).
- Automatic splitting of multiphase MR and CT datasets (manual splitting and rejoining is also available).
- Reference lines when more images belonging to the same frame of reference are displayed simultaneously (not limited to designated localizers).
- Alternative colorizations of grayscale and color images.
- Handling of non-square pixels.
- Manual calibration: define the real-world size of pixels manually.
- User-controlled marking: creates a marked set that allows for selective traversing, anonymizing, exporting, propagation, and more.
- Cine with autoplay, traverse, user-defined frame rate, and time-vector support.
- Powerful propagation mechanism: copies all adjustments to sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked set.
- DICOM data browser.
User objects and measurements
- User objects: measurements, textual annotations, arrows
- Eraser: turn any rectangle into an eraser to remove burnt-in information (commonly used with US clips).
- Density measurement in Hounsfield units, where applicable.
- Calibrated US measurements when calibrated regions are present.
- Multiple jobs can run independently of one another in the background.
- Export jobs pane allows for inspection of the status of all export sessions.
- Export to images or movies: frame, sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked items. Invoke built-in Profiles or personalize by creating your own for flexibility and speed.
- Export to DICOM: mark specific sequences and copy them to a folder, optionally with matching DICOMDIR, ready for burning to a DICOM CD, or other use.
- Anonymize: file, sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked set.
- Export DICOM data: file, sequence, series, study, patient, all patients, marked set.